At Sierra Tucson, we provide comprehensive treatment for men and women, age 18 and over, who suffer from Depression, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, Anxiety, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, Bipolar, and other affective disorders. In addition, we provide extensive and individualized treatment for personality disorders. Our integrative system of neuropsychiatric treatment heals body, mind, and spirit in a naturally scenic, tranquil setting with round-the-clock medical and clinical care.
People with personality or mood disorders frequently struggle with co-occurring disorders such as trauma, addiction, or chronic pain. Sierra
Tucson’s expert staff of professionals uses an interdisciplinary team approach, customizing both conventional and complementary, evidence-based treatments to support each individual’s unique capacity for wellness and flourishing.
During your minimum 30-day stay with us, you’ll benefit from a wide range of medical and clinical services that simultaneously treat co-occurring conditions. With so many treatment modalities to help uncover and heal underlying issues, you’ll find new opportunities for increased self-discovery, healing, freedom, and joy.
The goal of Sierra Tucson’s Mood & Anxiety Program is to help you decrease the symptoms you’ve struggled with, and gain the tools you’ll need to continue functioning better in everyday life.
Your multidisciplinary team will include an attending physician, primary therapist, family therapist, continuing care counselor, psychologists, therapeutic activity & fitness specialists, and licensed integrative therapy practitioners.
You’ll learn to connect with your emotions as well as connecting your mind and body. And you’ll take home a comprehensive set of new skills, insights, and resources to sustain the journey of recovery that begins here.
COMPASSIONATE, INDIVIDUALIZED CARE
Comprehensive care includes a complete diagnostic assessment, from which the multidisciplinary team will develop and coordinate your individualized treatment plan. Sierra Tucson’s compassionate staff members understand the deep emotional pain felt by patients and families. Extensive experience and training enable us to provide the highest quality of care for your emotional, physical, and spiritual healing.
The treatment team meets regularly to assess and review individual progress, sharing insights from their areas of expertise and collaborating to update your treatment plan. This continual reassessment provides optimized treatment to simultaneously address the total scot of your mood/anxiety disorder and any co-occurring disorders.
Treatment is a vital first step, providing a foundation for recovery, and it is essential for you to follow a plan to continue your success. So you’ll leave Sierra Tucson with a Continuing Care Plan developed for your specific needs. In addition, Alumni Services will provide you with resources, follow-up communication, and encouragement to remind you that you’re never alone on your new journey.
Therapies & Services Available
• Group and Individual Therapy
• Medication Evaluation
• Integrative Medicine Consultation
• Somatic Experiencing® to increase awareness and help release trauma-related tension
• Somato-Emotional Release Massage for release of stress, depression, and fatigue
• Distress Tolerance Therapies such as Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Mindfulness, and Meditation
• Biofeedback and Neurofeedback, which teach relaxation and skills for coping with stress
• Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing (EMDR) to help heal the effects of trauma
• Integrative Therapies such as Acupuncture, Chiropractic, Massage Therapy, Shiatsu, and Yoga, which offer mind-body approaches for healing
• Equine-Assisted Therapy to promote emotional growth
• Four-Day Family Program to enhance patient recovery and extend healing to the family