At Sierra Tucson, we provide comprehensive treatment for men and women, age 18 and over, who suffer from addiction to substances or behaviors. Our integrative system of neuropsychiatric treatment heals body, mind, and spirit in a naturally scenic, tranquil setting with round-the-clock medical and clinical care.
Those with addiction issues frequently struggle with co-occurring disorders such as depression, anxiety, grief, trauma, and codependency. Our expert staff of professionals uses an interdisciplinary team approach. We customize both conventional and complementary, evidence-based treatments to support each individual’s unique capacity for wellness and flourishing.
During a minimum 30-day stay, you’ll benefit from a wide range of medical and clinical services that simultaneously treat co-occurring conditions. With so many treatment modalities to help uncover and heal underlying issues, you’ll find new opportunities for increased self-discovery, healing, freedom, and joy.
The goal of Sierra Tucson’s Addictions/Co-occurring Disorders Program is to help you find relief from the pain of addiction (including the emotional pain that prompted the addiction), discover new tools for healthy communication and relapse prevention, and re-awaken your sense of identity, value, and purpose.
Your multidisciplinary team will include an attending physician, primary therapist, family therapist, continuing care counselor, psychologists, therapeutic activity & fitness specialists, specialty therapists, and licensed integrative therapy practitioners.
You will learn to overcome the cultural fear of feeling emotions, so you can approach them as a source of information rather than something to escape. And you’ll take home a comprehensive set of new skills, insights, and resources to sustain the journey of recovery that begins here.
COMPASSIONATE, INDIVIDUALIZED CARE
Comprehensive care includes a complete diagnostic assessment, from which the multidisciplinary team will develop and coordinate your individualized treatment plan. Sierra Tucson’s compassionate staff members understand the deep emotional pain felt by patients and families. Extensive experience and training enable us to provide the highest quality of care for your emotional, physical, and spiritual healing.
The treatment team meets regularly to assess and review individual progress, sharing insights from their areas of expertise and collaborating to update your treatment plan. This continual reassessment provides optimized treatment to simultaneously address the total scope of your addiction and any co-occurring disorders.
Treatment is a vital first step, providing a foundation for recovery, and it is essential for you to follow a plan to continue your success. So you’ll leave Sierra Tucson with a Continuing Care Plan developed for your specific needs. In addition, Alumni Services will provide you with resources, follow-up communication, and encouragement to remind you that you’re never alone on your new journey.
“Connections” Continuing Care Case Management
Along with your written Continuing Care Plan and Alumni Services, everyone in the Addictions/Co-occurring Disorders Program will participate in “Connections.” The “Connections” care management program offers a full year of personalized recovery support and advocacy for the patient and family after treatment. Growing evidence shows that post-treatment monitoring and support significantly enhance long-term recovery outcomes.
Therapies & Services Available
• Group and Individual Therapy
• Medication Evaluation and Safe Detox (if needed)
• Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), which teaches mindfulness, interpersonal skills, distress tolerance, and emotional regulation
• Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing (EMDR) to help heal the effects of trauma
• Somatic Experiencing® to increase awareness and help release trauma-related tension
• Biofeedback, Neurofeedback, and Mindfulness to teach relaxation and skills for coping with stress
• Somato-Emotional Release massage for release of stress, depression, and fatigue
• Integrative Therapies such as Acupuncture, Chiropractic, Massage Therapy, Shiatsu, and Yoga to offer mind-body approaches for healing
• Four-Day Family Program to enhance patient recovery and extend healing to the family
• On-Site and Off-Site 12-Step Meetings
• “Connections,” which provides one year of personalized recovery support and advocacy to the patient and family