Sierra Tucson is a progressive, equal-opportunity employer, placing the highest value on promoting the mental, physical, and spiritual wellness of our employees. With a commitment to nurture the growth of our employees through ongoing education and development, we are an organization that has established an outstanding reputation for quality programs and excellent customer service. Credit for this goes to every one of our employees, so we invite you to consider if you might also find satisfaction and take pride in working here. We offer excellent benefits, a positive and supportive work environment, plus many opportunities to make a difference.
If you are qualified for one of our open positions and interested in applying for that position with Sierra Tucson, please send your us your resume. Please reference the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Human Resources Department
39580 S. Lago del Oro Parkway
Tucson, AZ 85739
The Administrative Assistant-Intake is administrative assistant to the Intake Director and is responsible for correspondence and appointments. The Administrative Assistant assists in patient Bed Management, monthly financials, software systems maintenance, payroll, creation and distribution of Intake Coordinator’s schedules, and other duties to further the effectiveness of the Intake Department.
Applicants must have a High School Diploma or G.E.D. A minimum of 2 years of administrative experience is required. Knowledge of general office procedure is a plus. Multiple line phone and reception experience is preferred. Computer literate with excellent Microsoft office skill. The position requires a person who has excellent customer service and communication Skills. Successful candidates must be highly organized multi-taskers who are self-motivated with excellent problem solving skills.
The Patient Services Representative-Admissions is responsible for admitting patients to the facility and ensuring the accuracy and completion of all patient financial files, registering patient record in computer, covering the safe and providing assistance to patients, family members and staff as it pertains to patient financial matters.
This position will work Saturday and Sunday shifts only.
Applicants must have a High School Diploma or G.E.D. A minimum of 2 years of direct patient contact experience is preferred. Knowledge of insurance terminology and procedures is preferred. Knowledge of addictive and psychiatric terminology is a plus. The ideal candidate will be computer literate with excellent Microsoft office skills. This position requires a person who is highly organized with excellent communication skills.
Biofeedback/ Neurofeedback Technician (contract)
This position provides biofeedback and neurofeedback services. This person also establishes and implements tailored treatment plans based on patient needs.
Bachelor´s Degree is required. Preferred one year satisfactory work experience as a Biofeedback or Neurofeedback Technician; however, will consider entry level if college course work has comprised study in physiology, neurology, and/or psychophysiology. Experience preferred with hardware and software for both peripheral and EEG biofeedback equipment. Applicants with great computer skills and high standards for customer service will be very successful in this position.
Chief Clinical Officer
We are in need of a dynamic Chief Clinical Officer (CCO) to join our dedicated team of staff members at our Sierra Tucson Facility in Tucson, AZ. The CCO is responsible for assuring the highest standards of clinical practice at Sierra Tucson and for assuring fidelity and consistency in clinical practices across various programs on campus. The CCO creates a treatment environment in which collaboration is valued and excellence in clinical care, clinical education, and clinical performance evaluation are promoted and achieved. The CCO also assures that patient care delivery model(s) and clinical and staffing standards for treatment are consistent with current research and professional standards and with the mission, vision, and values of Sierra Tucson and CRC as a whole.
The Chief Clinical Officer report directly to Sierra Tucsons Executive Director and serves on the Executive Leadership Council and the Patient Care Leadership Council. As a key member of these leadership councils, the CCO will be instrumental in implementing and monitoring evidence based practices to ensure ongoing quality care. The Chief Clinical Officer that specializes in will oversee a wide range of traditional and integrative therapies, co-occurring disorders and additions and who would like the opportunity to work will lead with a strong team of clinicians who provide: individual and group therapy, recreational and equine therapy, classes and lectures addressing 12 step, grief and loss, dialectical behavior therapy(DBT), and other content specific skills and more. Comprehensive residential treatment at Sierra Tucson includes a variety of therapy modalities to ensure that each patient is provided with the type and level of treatment that is best suited to meet their unique needs.
- Master’s Degree required; Ph.D. or Psy.D. from an accredited university is preferred.
- Five years in a Clinical Management role or in Education.
- Strong leadership qualities,problem solving ability, organizational skills.
- Excellent platform presentation skills, interpersonal skills as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have a behavioral health license or certified (LSAC, CSAC, LMSW).
- Experience providing clinical care, developing clinical programs and supervising clinical staffs, Psychiatric hospitals, or residential placement experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance procedures and tools
- Experience working with a variety of stake holders to achieve positive results for stake holders and clients
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Office Suite tools.
The Clinical Technicians main purpose is to provide support for patients and assist in helping to maintain a safe environment. Provides excellent customer service to the patient, departments within Sierra Tucson as well as outside entities. *Especially looking for candidates that can work nights and weekends.*
Applicants must have a High School Diploma or G.E.D. A minimum of 1 year of psychiatric technician experience required. Applicants must have current CPR Card and CPI certification (will train both). Knowledge of medical terminology. Knowledge of medical office procedure and vital signs is helpful. The position requires a person who has excellent customer service and communication Skills. Must type 55 – 64 wpm. Successful candidates must be highly organized multi-taskers who are self-motivated with excellent problem solving skills.
Applicants must be 21 years of age. Candidates must be able to maintain complete confidentiality in all patient/program matters, in accordance to facility policy.
Creative Development and Research Coordinator
The Creative Development and Resource Coordinator is responsible for the organization’s advertising, both print and Internet.
This Position will:
- Work with the corporate office to develop, maintain, and write content for company website; oversee/assist with web-related features
- Create and manage social media campaigns
- Co-edit and produce monthly Alumni eNews
- Write, design, and produce company HTML emails
- Research, negotiation, development, and execution of Media Plan and advertising budget (print and Internet)
- Design and production (or oversight/management) of advertising, including print advertisements in magazines/newspapers and Internet ads and directories
- Design, development, revisions, and inventory control of collateral marketing materials
- Research, writing, layout, and production (and/or oversight/management) of external company newsletters
- Creation and maintenance of company photography and media files
- Design of marketing display booths
- Coordination of special events and projects, including professional photo shoots and film production
- Production of company/program videos (negotiate with film producer; work with staff to plan, schedule, and film)
- Public relations work to solicit/write, edit, and publish Sierra Tucson staff articles
- Respond to media requests
- Coordination of direct mail projects
- Minimum four years of experience working in marketing
- Excellent English, writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Advanced computer knowledge and typing ability
- Administrative and project management experience
- Professionalism and business acumen
- High School Diploma or GED, plus education in graphic design and website development
- Experience in graphic design/desktop publishing; ability to design, layout, and coordinate printing and mailing of brochures, newsletters, cards, etc.
- Experience in website management/development
- Experience in social media tools and technologies
- Type 60 wpm including word processing skills.
- Microsoft Office applications: Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher
- Adobe applications: Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of office procedures, filing, etc.
Dietician- part time
The Dietician is responsible for assisting in the implementation of the Eating Disorder Program, including initial patient assessment, follow-up consultation and education according to the nutrition philosophy of Sierra Tucson. The Dietician will participate as a member of the multi-disciplinary treatment team in developing goals and individual treatment plan for each ED patient. Other responsibilities include nutritional group lectures, gentle meal, restaurant and grocery store outings. Assessment, treatment-planning and follow-up for non-ED patients needing nutritional assessments are also included.
Bachelor’s Degree in nutrition or related area is required. Qualified candidates must have a minimum of four years experiences as a Dietician in a health care setting. Candidates must have knowledge of and experience with eating disorders and ability to work with a wide range of diagnoses and behaviors. Registered Dieticians through the American Dietetic Association are preferred.
We are currently looking for a dedicated Dishwasher for our Food Services department. Dishwashers at this residential facility will operate a dish machine and will make sure all dishes are cleaned thoroughly. Other duties include organization of pots and pans, and maintaining a clean kitchen. Prior experience is preferred. Seeking reliable team players, who can lift up to 30 lbs, have reliable transportation and is at least 21 years old. Positions can be FT or on-call. Schedules will vary and may include weekend hours.
Floor Care Technician
Floor Care Technicians are responsible the care and maintenance of the facility flooring.
The responsibilities include:
- Buffs, polishes and strips floors using heavy equipment at a health care facility.
- Cleans and buffs hard surfaces.
- Sweeps, mops, scrubs, polishes floors and vacuums hallways, stairs and office space.
- Notifies supervisor concerning need for major repairs or additions to lighting, heating, and ventilating equipment.
- Performs minor operational maintenance.
- May perform advanced cleaning procedures for carpeted floor and carpet care.
- Other duties as assigned
At least 6 months of related work experience preferred. Experience in all phases of floor care preferred. Carpet care experience helpful. Prior housekeeping experience in a hospital or public office building environment is preferred. Physical Demands: Specific physical characteristics and abilities are required to perform the work, such as agility, dexterity, and long periods of walking, standing, kneeling, twisting, bending, carrying, or lifting supplies and equipment weighing 50 pounds or more. Wears protective clothing required by the work environment or governmental regulations. Must have reliable transportation. Must be at least 21 years of age. Both Full-Time and PRN (on call) positions are available. PRN schedules will vary and may include weekend hours.
At this medical facility, Housekeepers ensure the cleanliness of patient rooms, office spaces and public areas. Must have at least 1 year of prior housekeeping experience in hospital or public office building environment. Seeking team-player who can lift up to 25 lbs, have reliable transportation, and is at least 21 years old. Positions are full time and PRN (on call). Schedules will vary and may include weekend hours.
Sierra Tucson is currently seeking an Intake Coordinator to join the Intake department.
In this role candidates will handle client inquiry calls with the goal of assessing client needs and helping to bring qualified patients into treatment. Duties include conducting clinical assessments of prospective clients, providing information about the program, and providing high quality customer service from the initial call to patient’s admission into treatment. Candidates will be responsible for ensuring a smooth, efficient admissions process for new patients, and working in collaboration with outside referents, field marketers and facility staff.
Ideal Candidates will have a strong clinical background in the field of chemical dependency and mental health. Prior admissions experience is preferred. Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or behavioral health science is required. Master’s degree and/or license preferred. The essential qualities for success in the position are a strong work ethic, ability to deliver high end/ high quality customer service to our clientele. Highly motivated and enthusiastic candidates with personal experience in recovery or experience working in a treatment setting will be considered in lieu of education.
The Intake Director has oversight and coordination of both Intake and Reception. The Intake department is responsible for responding to all inquiries regarding possible admission to the hospital. Must manage staff of intake coordinators in this fast-paced area with a strong focus on customer service, cultivating and maintaining quality relations with referring professionals, and meeting census goals. The Reception department is responsible for providing excellent customer service and maintaining Sierra Tucson’s quality, professional image with all visitors and callers.
This director will be a member of the executive leadership team and will work collaboratively with other facility leaders. Experience with strategic planning, short and long range operational planning and budget management is required background. Ability to effectively manage staff by applying effective communication and interpersonal skills is a must.
Successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree with 7-10 years of experience working in a similar capacity within a healthcare setting; Master’s degree and at least 5 years’ experience is preferred. Qualified candidates should have at least 4 years of supervisory experience, plus prior experience and responsibility for meeting hospital census goals. Call center experience is highly valued but not mandatory. Experience in a behavioral health setting for understanding of appropriate potential admissions, i.e. addictions, mental, emotional, and behavioral disorders, is preferred.
Qualified candidates will have experience at a sufficient organizational level to contribute to and advise other senior management on areas of specialization. Excellent communication and leadership skills, verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated budget development and management skills are required. Must have the ability to plan, organize, direct staff activities, and delegate for optimum efficiency. In addition, have the ability to problem-solve and evaluate resources and solutions.
Medical Record Technician
Sierra Tucson is currently seeking an experienced Medical Records Technician to join the department on a part time or per diem basis.
This position’s responsibilities include assembling medical records, reviewing transcribed reports for accuracy and filing reports in open and closed records. Candidate must be able to code records accurately using AXIS III, DSM IV and ICD-9 standards. Audit records, maintains monthly data collection, and records deficiencies.
Part time and on-call positions are available.
Qualifications require a High School graduate or equivalent with a minimum of one-year experience in a medical records department, preferably in a behavioral healthcare setting. Candidates must have experience with AXIS III coding. Must have excellent organizational skills, ability to research and analyze facts and issues, clear verbal and written communication, computer skills, and the ability to communicate with staff at all levels in the organization.
Our ideal candidate will be someone who exhibits business process knowledge, possesses a broad based operational perspective and provides solutions for risk and insurance related business issues.
This position is responsible for:
- Manager of Accreditation with oversight and coordination of Joint Commission Standards, State Regulations and other accrediting bodies governing Sierra Tucson. Coordinate on-going facility compliance with standards and regulations. Ensure timely completion of State license renewals and Joint Commission reporting.
- Compliance Officer maintains and coordinates all standards, regulations and policy/procedures with staff and all programming at the facility. Maintains a friendly attitude and an open door policy for staff with concerns and questions; maintain and support all staff in the confidentiality of the facility functions. Serves as facility HIPAA Privacy Officer.
- Quality Management Chair heads up the Quality Management Team and provides direction of outcome trending and measures as required by Sierra Tucson, the State and Joint Commission.
- Risk Management responds to and manages incident reporting, grievances and official complaints. Oversee compliance with the laws governing the facility to include the 42 CFR and 45 CFR along with training of staff in those laws. Responsible for Governing Board Reports, Monthly Operating Reports, the Risk Departments Budget, and any other facility required reports. Serve on the Executive Leadership Committee.
- Liaison to Safety and Infection Control Officer coordinates safety throughout the facility in conjunction with the Facilities Manager. Assist with walk through functions, chairs the safety committee, provide quarterly reports, fire drills, develop and manage plans and policies around disasters and emergencies. Coordinates with the Infection Control Officer a comprehensive infection control plan and outcome report.
- Master’s degree with 5 years’ experience working in a Healthcare setting.
- Four years of supervisory experience in similar facility.
- Clinical knowledge and experience in medical records analysis and documentation.
- Legal-type experience in incident reporting, grievances and official complaints.
- Excellent supervisory and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of current laws on insurance.
- Knowledge of computers and accounting principles.
- Skills involving research and analysis of facts and issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Registered Nurse PRN
We are currently looking for a dedicated Registered Nurse for our Nursing department. Sierra Tucson is increasing its staff of Registered Nurses with psychiatric nursing experience. LPNs that are in training to obtain their registration may be considered. Seeking nurses to be part of our Sierra Tucson PRN pool. *Especially looking for candidates that can work nights and weekends.*
Registered Nurses are responsible for providing nursing care to assigned patients in this residential treatment setting. Nurses participate in lodge community meetings, and are instrumental in encouraging patients to participate fully in their treatment plans. Nurses must follow established protocols for compliance when distributing necessary medications and documenting the medical records.
The Residential Therapist is responsible for the supervision, coordination and facilitation of the evening and weekend activities. Activities may include grief groups, didactic lectures, psycho-educational groups, process groups and individual sessions with patients. The Residential Therapist assist the Charge Nurse and the Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians in providing oversight of the patients during these hours, and other duties as assigned. Employee will work with Clinical Program Department Coordinators and Clinical Director to support cross training between departments and providing coverage for all areas within the Program Department if needed. Employee may be asked to provide coverage for groups, lectures, and activities outside of their assigned department.
Applicants must have a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field. Master’s Degree in a related field preferred. Applicants with a Bachelor’s Degree must have at least three years’ experience in the Behavioral Health field and a certification as a counselor and/or substance abuse counselor. Applicants with a Master’s Degree: One years’ experience post Master’s Degree in Behavioral Health field and certification and/or licensure preferred. Successful applicants should have experience in an inpatient Behavioral Health setting.
The position requires an individual with the ability to facilitate psycho-educational groups, facilitate large group experiences and provide individual support for a wide range of diagnoses and behaviors. Candidates must be able to provide didactic lectures. Must have excellent time management. Knowledge of the 12-Steps is preferred.
Utilization Review Coordinator
Utilization Review Coordinator (UR Coordinator) is responsible for contacting external case managers/managed care organizations for certification and recertification of insurance benefits throughout the patient’s stay, and assists the treatment team in understanding the insurance company’s requirements for continued stay and discharge planning. The UR Coordinator is responsible for having a thorough understanding of the patient’s treatment through communication with the treatment team. The UR Coordinator advocates for the patient’s access to services during treatment team meetings and through individual physician contact. This position requires a thorough understanding of facility’s treatment program and philosophy, administrative policies and procedures and a high level of confidentiality. This is a moderately complex position requiring the individual to be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in social work, mental health, nursing, or related degree required. Master’s degree in relevant field preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years of clinical experience in an inpatient/acute setting or residential setting
- Knowledge of treatment modalities related to eating disorders, substance abuse, and behavioral health
- Minimum 5 years of experience in utilization management with either a psychiatric hospital, behavioral treatment facility or working as a case manager for an insurance company in behavioral health.
- Strong organizational skills
- Problem solving skills; the ability to systematically analyze problems, draw relevant conclusions and devise appropriate courses of action
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to speak clearly and concisely, conveying complex or technical information in a manner that others can understand, as well as ability to understand and interpret complex information from others.
- Intermediate to Advanced computer skills-Microsoft Word, Outlook and Internet Explorer, with the ability to navigate a Windows environment